Image Map

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chicago

We went into the city Laurann's first night there and ate at Grand Lux. We were starving and it was yummy!
Outside Wicked. It was amazing and I loved it just as much the second time.
We ate so much on this trip-hersheys, pizza, popcorn, ice cream, and lots more.

Laurann's flip flops broke in the airport. She found these pink slippers at a newstand for $5. It was a perfectly funny ending to our trip.


I went to Chicago back in May for the Autism One conference for work. My friend Laurann came along to take advantage of the free hotel and see the city. I didn't get the chance to do many touristy things, but we did venture into the city a couple times and got to see Wicked. I saw it in NY in the fall and loved seeing it for the second time. I love that show and the music! I've done my fair share of traveling the past few years, but I did learn a few things on my trip.

*Even when you're only gone for 3 days, take an extra pair of jeans
*Make sure to arrive at the airport in plenty of time (If you don't check in 40 minutes before the flight, they won't let you check in)
*Try to find some way to take a carry on only-haven't figured out how with the liquid restrictions but I'm open to suggestions
*American Airlines has the worst customer service. Do NOT fly that airline
*Ipods work wonders for loud people on airplanes
*I still LOVE Wicked!
*Chicago is a fun city and I would love to go back when I can spend more time





2 comments:

  1. I loved your tips when taking trips.. I hope you are having fun in Mexico. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you get to travel so much! And I am incredibly jealous that you have gotten to see Wicked TWICE!!! I'm still dying to see it once!!! Maybe someday! I love the music!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by. i love love love hearing from you! i usually respond to comments through email so make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger.