Image Map

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Did It!


First thing in the morning

Michelle(cheerleader), Brynn, myself, and Teresa. Brynn and Teresa ran the 5K that morning and stuck around to run miles 14-20 with me.

Nearing the end. I love Michelle on her rollerblades and L Lawlor on her bike

Those last .2 miles seemed so long, but I was really happy to see this sign

Running to the finish line

I did it! Despite all the worries, name calling, my mom offering to pay me not to do it, etc. I did the Top of Utah marathon last weekend. I was a little worried myself after taking a month hiatus from training, but it went really well. I was pretty slow, but I'm definitely not in it to win. I just want to finish, and I did. I have the best friends. Nettie and Michelle decided late Friday night to come up. Brynn and Teresa ran miles 14-20 and Crystal ran 20-end with me. I would not have survived without them. They helped a ton, and I am so lucky to have such great support. I was pretty sure I could finish, but I thought I might not be able to move for a week after. Surprisingly I felt pretty good during the marathon. I was sore for a couple of days but nothing like I expected. I'm so happy I decided to do it even if you all think I'm crazy.

12 comments:

  1. So proud of you Aubrey! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Aubs...sorry I doubted you! I wish I could have been there...darn bum ankle!

    Seriously, Michelle on her rollerblades? Doesn't surprise me one bit but I sure did get a good laugh seeing that picture. You can't ever go wrong with some great Michelle Martin support in your life! :) Glad you had some other great friends to support you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey, you are amazing! Crazy, but amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!!! I am so glad you made it and did it- you are a big inspiration to me! :) So are you going to do another marathon in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Aubrey! I love that you still look dang cute at the end of 26 miles! And what great friends to help you through the last half!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so proud of you too! Did you cry at the end? I always cry when runners cross the finish line! Do you want to run the Country Music Marathon with me in Nashville in April??? You could come stay with me at my parent's house....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! That's great...not something I'd ever want to do, :) but awesome that you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aubrey! Go you!!! I am proud of you, even if I never e-mail or call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I wish I was there to see you run. Dang I have to leave in the wrong time. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME! That is a huge accomplishment. You are a good example of when you put your mind to something you can do anything. YOU ROCK! So, what are you training for next?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so proud of you! And what supportive friends you have helping you along the way! It doesn't get better than that!!! Good work, and I'm mostly just happy to see that you survived and didn't hurt yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by. i love love love hearing from you! i usually respond to comments through email so make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger.