Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

fall holiday blocks

I really really can't believe it's labor day weekend. I am so sad to see summer go, but there are some really great things about fall. I love pumpkin everything. The decor and candy are both my faves, and who doesn't love a good pair of boots?!? Since I'm gearing myself up for fall, I'm hoping you are too.

I saw these blocks somewhere a few years ago and promptly ordered the vinyl to make them. 1 set of blocks for 2 holidays sounds perfect. I have quiet a few fall decorations and minimal places to put them so Celsey and I decided to make/give them for a gift.


The hardest part was figuring out what colors to paint the blocks. Making sure we didn't have the same color 2 letters in a row was hard. In case you decide to make them, here are the details.

You need 11 blocks total that are 3" wide if you want them the same size as these
-4 blocks that are 4.5" tall
-4 blocks that are 3.5 "tall
-3 blocks that are 3" tall

This is how the blocks are paired up

G I V E (heart) T H A N K S
T I R C  or       T R K A T E

you can obviously see the colors in the pictures, but just in case...
G-red
I-orange
V-yellow
E-Green
(heart)-orange

T-yellow
H-green
A-red
N-orange
K-yellow
S-red

This turned out to be a really fun gift. I ended up really loving the packaging.

I'm still in major love with these blocks and kind of sad I didn't make them for myself. Let me know if you make them. The hard part is already done:)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for sharing how to make them.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw something similar to this on Pinterest, I think it is such a neat idea and I didn't even think of making it for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I will definitely be making this for our new home!! I cannot wait for Halloween this year and this will be the perfect way to start my decorating!!

    Kate @ Raising the Rogers

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by. i love love love hearing from you! i usually respond to comments through email so make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger.