Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

random rambling...thoughts on running part 3

with the title you might think i got my days mixed up. i know it's friday, not monday. in honor of my marathon tomorrow i decided to post random rambling a little early for next week/a little late for this week.
if you missed part 1 and part 2, you might have to go back to get caught up. before i get to part 3, there is a little bit of a back story. it can be found here.
for part 3, i'm re-posting the story of my very first marathon. 

First thing in the morning
Michelle(cheerleader), Brynn, myself, and Teresa. Brynn and Teresa ran the 5K that morning and stuck around to run miles 14-20 with me.
Nearing the end. I love Michelle on her rollerblades and L Lawlor on her bike
Those last .2 miles seemed so long, but I was really happy to see this sign
Running to the finish line

I did it! Despite all the worries, name calling, my mom offering to pay me not to do it, etc. I did the Top of Utah marathon last weekend. I was a little worried myself after taking a month hiatus from training, but it went really well. I was pretty slow, but I'm definitely not in it to win. I just want to finish, and I did. I have the best friends. Nettie and Michelle decided late Friday night to come up. Brynn and Teresa ran miles 14-20 and Crystal ran 20-end with me. I would not have survived without them. They helped a ton, and I am so lucky to have such great support. I was pretty sure I could finish, but I thought I might not be able to move for a week after. Surprisingly I felt pretty good during the marathon. I was sore for a couple of days but nothing like I expected. I'm so happy I decided to do it even if you all think I'm crazy.

sometimes i still can't believe i did that or that i did it 5 more times. if all goes as planned it will be 6 more times on saturday. wish me luck! next up...the marathons in between with an unfortunate injury.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe! I hope to do a marathon someday... I just don't feel ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think I could ever run a half marathon, let a lone a full one. You're amazing and you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I would die trying to run a marathon :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by. i love love love hearing from you! i usually respond to comments through email so make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger.