Image Map

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Generation Gap

Sorry there are no pictures in this post. I have been wanting to blog about this for a while and who knows when or if I will ever have a picture to post. I started running with a running group, Generation Gap, while training for Wasatch Back. This group really is a generation gap. Besides the newest 25 year old runner and one other girl probably in her 30s, I am the youngest by 20 years, and it just goes up from there. The oldest runner in the group is 77 and has run more than 50 marathons. I have NEVER thought I would be a runner and really NEVER NEVER thought I would run a marathon, but running/races really does become addictive. After running several 14, 15, 16 milers with these ladies I decided you don't have to be fast to be a runner. I am a runner even if I am slow. I'm running my first marathon, Top of Utah, September 20. I'm recruiting people to come run a few miles with me to keep me from dying and/or going crazy. These ladies are so great to run with. They are so motivating and encouraging. I couldn't train for or do this race without them. Thanks Teresa for inviting me to run with the group.

5 comments:

  1. I never thought you would be a runner either but I think it is so cool you are doing it. I wish I could be there to run a part of it with you. But then again you know I can't run so I wish I could be there to cheer you on. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you'd turn out to be such a runner and outdoorsy girl back when we were roomies! Way to go! When's the baby blessing...or did it already happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you run with older ladies. I think it's so awesome! I need to find a running partner before I go crazy trying to get myself up every morning. YIKES!

    It was so fun seeing you. You need to stop by more often when your around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You go girl, that is awesome I am inspired by you. Maybe someday I will run a half marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aubs, you are amazing.. I would love to run with you the next couple of weeks, it makes running a lot better when you can run with someone. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by. i love love love hearing from you! i usually respond to comments through email so make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger.